These Are a Few of My Favorite Things



Lee in the window and hands all a helping

 Rubbish composting and little eyes sleeping
Views of the hills that all seem to sing
These are a few of my favorite things.

Holes that are gone and debris stacked in piles

Complete kitchen walls and Philip all smiles

New and old lemons and peppers to bring
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the tools drill, when the dust clings
When I’m being a crab
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so mad.

Clean copper pipes and blooms that can’t hide
Green Boston ivy climbing there on the side
 New baby to welcome before next spring
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the back aches, when the clothes clings
When I’m feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so bad.


Comments

Grandma Seelye said…
We are rejoicing with you! What a perfect announcement!
What a fun announcement. We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled about a new baby next spring. Love your favorite things. :)
You floor me with your creativity! This was precious. Terri sent it to me and I'm all smiles at work because it's YOUR announcement and not mine. :-)
Erin said…
Wait a minute!! How fun! Congratulations you guys! :)
josieO said…
Congratulations! May your home be all comfy-cozy before the newest little one arrives.
Robin said…
Congratulations!
We can't wait to see who it will be this time. In the meantime, you guys are making a wonderful nest! Everything's looking great! (I love progress.)
Congrats, friend! In high school I don't think we ever imagined we'd be pregnant at the same time ;) Thanks for keeping your blog updated; love your creativity! xx