Family Camp Take Aways 2021

1) Attentive watching and putting to bed three kids requires two teenagers

2) Looking in the mirror less helps me to think less about how I look

3) I can tolerate dirt and mess for at least a week

4) Having fewer possessions means less organizing

5) Worshiping in the mornings and evenings is like book-ending the day with right thinking

6) Being in fellowship with other families for long periods of time is a safeguard against believing others or my own family has got it all together.

7) Checking my phone first thing in the morning creates an undesirable pattern for the rest of the day

8) My kids don't need complicated food to survive or be happy.

9) Hanging out after a meal and chatting helps me slow down.

10) Planning where my attention will be directed—either at my children, husband, myself, or an activity—really helps me be more single-minded.

11) For Christians, there are no "should's" and "have to's." Instead we have "get to's" and "are able to's".

12) Sin is a worship problem

13) Our hearts are idol factories

14) My children can operate on very little sleep and be just fine the following day. 

15) My children's pain is not a bad thing. It can be a teacher if I allow it to do its work.

16) Morning and night were made by God and are thus good, but I need not be a slave to time.

17) Everything we do, even small things, are of consequence.

18) To determine how I feel about my day, don't ask what did I do, but what did God do?

19) Getting out of the city and away from domestic responsibilities is healthy for the mind, spirit, and body.

Inspiration Point breakfast of pancakes

Me and Phil on the pancake Breakfast hike

Rose and Lee kayak on the lake

Lee, Benny, and Rose with their CCA's: Taylor and Haylee

This is a movie of Lee and a friend going down the Wet Willie slide at the lake. 
Creek where we went Polar-Bearing and built a dam

Phil and Rose on the lake

This is a movie of Lee getting blobbed by a friend.

Comments