The Art of the Enneagram 4 In Christ

"Reflection" by Abigail Stevens
I hear emotions like dissonant tones
Or slashes of red across my canvas,
And I stop painting to think.
Let me contemplate this interruption.
Don't rush me on or hide this with colors,
Or play your horns louder to drown out this discord.

Don't you see I'm drawn in?
It is my bread and butter.
It is my craft and my passion,
To be encompassed by these emotions
And discover the truths behind them.

I do not fear the discomfort
Or the emptiness or the pain.
I revel in the search and the dissection
To find what they say and what they mean.

Do not fear. You won't lose me
Because I'll return when I've found
A burning coal in this throbbing heart.
And I'll show you what I've discovered.

I will give you words for your feelings
And I will breath life into your coldness.
I will teach you how to feel again
And to be unafraid of dissonance and red stripes

I can show you the wholeness
That I've found in my craft,
Found not because of my genius
Or my perseverance or melancholy,
But because of my yielding
To the Master of the Soul
Who teaches all mankind
The heart of God behind every passion.

Comments

Laura Provencio said…
That was perfectly worded! My husband is Enneagram 4. This helps me understand him more. Thank you.