Warriors Doing Battle

I dreamt we were meant to water walk,

To sea divide and river stop.

I dreamt we were meant to tempest calm, 

To issue springs and summon rain,

For in this dream, we ruled the earth

With power united from second birth. 


I dreamt we were meant to spirits see

In heaven's skies and terra's scree.

I dreamt we were meant to devils name,

To strip their guise and lies disclaim, 

For in this dream, our eyes were opened

With spit and mud, earth to mend. 


I dreamt we were meant to battles fight

With spirit words and whispers at night.

I dreamt we were meant to demons slay

With untold voices breathing the Name

Sending forces to front-line clashes

'Gainst spirits Fear, Greed, and Wrath.


For in my dream, we'd been remade

From cowardice imps fleeing the fray

To knights that joined angel ranks:

Courage, Conviction, Peace and Strength.


Though seas apart and far away

Ours are the front lines of prayers to say

Ordering the powers, souls to save.


So when through waters we pass to His Kingdom,

We'll say to Ukraine and to Russian

"I for you did battle, Dear Ones,

In the power of God and the blood of His Son."


More on Prayer: Does Prayer Change Things

Comments