By Prayer and Petition, With Thanksgiving

Lord, I have a house where I sleep every night. You gave it to me. Thank you. It is a gift.

Lord, many Ukrainians don't have a home right now. They are sleeping beneath cement walls in metro stations. Lord, may they come to know that their real home is neither the metro station nor an apartment building nor a house in the suburbs, but a place with you in Heaven.

Lord, I am defrosting meatballs for dinner. They are a sign of your provision. You gave me the strength to make them weeks ago. You gifted me with a freezer. And you were involved in the invention of the microwave. Thank you.

Lord, many don't know what they'll be eating for dinner. Lord, provide them food. May trucks arrive with supplies. May frightened mothers of children be handed their daily bread. May you give clean water to all who are thirsty. And Lord may they consider their spiritual appetites. May someone tell them the good news that satisfies all their hungers and thirsts.

Lord, my children are at school right now. It is quiet in the house. Thank you for this silence and peace and time to write. It is a gift from you. Thank you.

Lord, I remember those whose nerves are frazzled by the constant sound of sirens and bombs and cries. I recall to you those who are afraid of what sounds they might near next. Lord, please give them rest at night and moments of refreshment. And please, may they find peace in you, the kind of peace that no bomb can break. 

Lord, I spent yesterday in the fellowship of like-minded Christian women. We met to talk about Ephesians 6 and we prayed for one another. You have given me the sweet gift of women to encourage and speak truth into my life. It is a gift from you. Thank you.

Lord, many are isolated right now from their friends and family. They are longing to see or hear from those they love. Lord, may they receive news that their loved ones are standing strong. May someone encourage and strengthen them. And may they find Christians who can cry with them and pray with them and demonstrate to them the wonderful fellowship of the Spirit.

Lord, my husband works from home. We have wireless internet in our home. And his office allows him to work remotely. I name this Your Gift. Thank you.

Lord, many wives have had to leave Ukraine without their husbands. Lord, may you give these women someone strong and shepherd-like to assist them as they seek food and a place to sleep. Lord, may these widow-like women hear the good news that you take care of the orphan and the widow, and that you are far stronger and greater than any human.

Lord, I have much. But all these things are gifts from you. Help me to hold my blessings with open hands for you to give and for you to take as you see fit. Help me to yearn most for you, and to pray for others as much as I think of my own needs. Amen.

More on household thanksgiving: Thank God For Dirty Laundry

Comments

MommaMina said…
Amen. Yes Lord Jesus we are thankful and pray your provision and strength and peace of mind on these beloved people today.