Why the Enneagram Numbers Won't Ask For Help

One: the Reformer

"I don't ask for help because the moment I give a project to someone else, the likelihood of it turning out perfect drastically decreases. I just can't risk that."

Two: the Helper

"I don't ask for help because I don't know how anyone would help me. Oh, I know! I could ask them to help so they can feel good about themselves!"

Three: the Achiever

"I'm not going to ask for help unless I'm really desperate because if someone helps me, then I don't get the credit for doing a fantastic job!"

"Sure, let's get some more people in here to help. Then they can see what a great team player I am!"

Four: the Individualist

"If only someone could help me . . ."

Five: the Observer

"I don't have anything against asking for help, I'm just not sure what I need done. I have to figure out a few things here first and that's going to take everyone leaving me alone so I can think for a few days."

Six: the Loyalist

"I might ask for help, but what if they say no and then things are all awkward and I lose their friendship because they think I'm needy and weird."

"Oh sure, I'm going to ask my people what they think. I gotta know what they think is best so that I know what is best too."

Seven: the Enthusiast

"Help? Oh yeah, we could use all the help we can get. Come join in! The more, the merrier!"

Eight: the Challenger

"It's not that I need help. I just need everyone to do exactly what I say exactly when I say it."

Nine: the Peacemaker

"I don't want to ask for help because I don't want to be a bother to anyone."

"Sure, I'll ask for help. It's a chance to hear what other people want and think. And they all seem to know what they want more than me."

Comments